Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth.

-Psalm 127:3 &4

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Birthday Interruption

I had intended to blog all about our trip with no breaks in between. However, posts have been coming more slowly than I anticipated... and, with nearly a month passing since Matthew's birthday and not a single word about it, I really must interrupt the series and write about the special day.



September 2001 - Our Matthew came into the world...

...Nine years later, we celebrated his life - western style. Matthew received a nerf-gun revolver; a lasso; and a cowboy book, Bud and Me.






He also enjoyed a tasty birthday dinner of roast beef; mashed potatoes; salad; and iced tea.





Mommy made him a scrumptious German chocolate cake - full of gooey goodness. Unfortunately, she iced it when it was still too warm... so it became a 'Texas Mudslide' cake.



Matthew, may you grow in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man. We love you.

No comments: